Music Banter - View Single Post - Britain over Syria: your thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 12-03-2015, 04:38 PM   #14 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk View Post
The world outside of Syria is going to go to war to work out who has first dibs on going to war with ISIS and Syria.
I thought Russia declared a state of war on them like two months ago lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeytennis View Post
It's not our problem but provided we check who we let over why shouldn't we help people? How many refugees have we actually taken anyway? Big Dave said 20k by 2020, that's fuck all. I have to say I'm surprised to see you backing these bombings.

Anyway, I want these ISIS twats ground into the dirt, I hate what they are doing and I hate what they stand for, but I am worried about the potential repercussions for British citizens, from home grown Brits.
Sure, but how are we financing 20000 new refugees? I'd have been all over a government subsidized campaign where people who were vocal about the situation could offer accommodation to a refugee the same way you'd foster a child. But that's not what happened.
And realistically is Syria gonna be steady by 2020? These people are here to stay and they're not only gonna remain popular forever.

Yeah, don't get me wrong this has the potential to exacerbate xenophobia tenfold. But there's as much chance of reasoning with the Britain First cavalry as there is with ISIS
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote