Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 01:00 PM   #2242 (permalink)
YorkeDaddy
silky smooth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Title: No No No
Artiste: Beirut
Genre: Indie Rock
Familiarity: Zero

1. Gibraltar: Ooh I like the soft cushioned drum intro. And the almost soul piano. Vocal reminds me of Phil Oakey. Kind of uplifting in a low-key way. Liked that a lot.
2. No no no: This is very pleasant too, quite uptempo with some cool horns (?)
3. At once: Slow piano ballad. Lovely. Is that trumpet?
4. August Holland: Lovely boppy piano in this
5. As needed: Is this an instrumental? Really nice. Accordion? Meh, probably synth. Nice though. Oh no wait: I see it is accordion. Cool.
6. Perth: This has somehow a real feel of island music about it. Very funky.
7. Pachecho: This one's quite laidback with a lovely Fender Rhodes line (I think)
8. Fener: Ah this is really nice too. Like the way it goes into a bit of a shuffle halfway with some cute organ which reminds me of ... something, I don't know.
9. So allowed: Very Divine Comedy feel to this. Nice sort of mid-paced with a soft swing to it and some fine cello.

End result: I wouldn't, in fairness, say it left the biggest impression on me, but I pretty much enjoyed everything I heard on this album. The vocal was very distinctive and I liked the slight mixture of styles on it.

So, Love or Hate? Would have to be a Love.
Nice, about what I expected. It doesn't blow me away but it's a very pleasant, fun little album. The kind I'd pretty much always be in the mood for if I want some easy listening

9-Time Winner of MusicBanter's "Most Qualified to be a Moderator" Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
On this one your voice is kind of weird but really intense and awesome
YorkeDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote