Music Banter - View Single Post - Whaddya want?!
Thread: Whaddya want?!
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 06:12 PM   #347 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

Album: Potemkin City Limits
Artist: Propagandhi
Genre: Anarcho-Punk/Alternative Metal
Suggested by: Tristan Geoff
Familiarity: None. Just wanted to mention that the Wikipedia page says this album was recorded "in a warehouse, a basement, and a bedroom."

1. A Speculative Fiction - This is some heavy stuff. Anyways, I like the vocals. They could be annoying, but the voice fits the style. This is really pumping me up. Yeah, freak out!

2. Fixed Frequencies - Pretty similar to the last one. Feeling like less punk and more metal here. Or even just alternative rock.

3. Fedallah's Hearse - Back to punk here. Feels a bit inspired by 30 Seconds to Mars and the like. And no, I'm not one of those people who think 00's alternative is the worst thing to ever happen. Nope, this stuff is actually really good.

4. Cut into the Earth - Another one that's just really good songwriting. The guitars are extra twangy throughout this album, which adds to the unique style.

5. Bringer of Greater Things - More alt rock inspired bits, mostly in the guitars. Eh, maybe not as good as the others.

6. America's ArmyTM (Die Jugend Marschiert) - Back to epicness with this one, though. Nice intro, and great song overall.

7. Rock for Sustainable Capitalism - More great stuff. Not much else to say. It's all very similar, but hey, it works.

8. Impending Halfhead - This is one is more grindcore. Very heavy and fast. Still just as enjoyable though. Lots of energy, and lots of anger. A bit of a microsong, but still very good.

9. Life at Disconnect - Back to alternative, although more of a metallic feel here. Great.

10. Name and Address Withheld - Great.

11. Superbowl Patriot XXXVI (Enter the Mendicant)
- Great.

12. Iteration - I love the section at the end. Great.

Yeah, this is just one of those albums that's unbelievably perfect. It may not be everybody's cup of tea, but for me, it's now one of my new favorite albums.

OVERALL RATING: 10/10

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote