Music Banter - View Single Post - Music that you don't listen to?
View Single Post
Old 12-05-2015, 07:19 PM   #247 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
^^^

Well Mumford and Sons figured it out real quick with their new album this year didn't they.

I hated the indie folk wave that was blaring on the radio for the past few years. Mumford and Sons, Of Monsters and Men, Bastille, etc. I could stomach a few of their tracks and a few had actual merit to them. But for the most part the majority of the music coming out of that movement was bad. Really really bad.
Fleet Foxes were decent and they get points for sharing a bassist with The Blood Brothers, but other than that I can't find a single track that didn't make me want to cave my radio in. But then there are indie folk artists like Joanna Newsom and The Mountain Goats but they sound leagues away from these radio bands, being able to make interesting, original, non-repetitive folk music at a low-key level, and with good results. And without the whole cheesy attitude that comes with the aforementioned groups. Alternative radio right now is worse than it's ever been. I'd actually rather listen to post-grunge. And that's saying something. The general annoying feel of it is probably the worst part, and of course fans of the genre.

As for Mumford and Sons, I'm glad they switched style but not sure the direction they went in was any better.

tl;dr I hate indie folk and alternative radio and everything about it but I like actual indie folk bands like Fleet Foxes, The Mountain Goats, and Joanna Newsom.

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote