Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Albums of 2015 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 10:48 PM   #76 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
I am probably being a total hypocrite for saying such a thing due to my own list. But I spend a lot of time looking through end of year lists to find anything that I missed. I have generally listened to everything being advertised as the best this year. With a few exceptions. More notably, yours, innerspaceboys, Tristan Geoffs, etc.
We can all be a bit hypocritical at times, but I still wouldn't take any list seriously that puts Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp A Butterfly at #1 arbitrarily. Not because it isn't a decent record, but because I just don't see anyone revisiting it on a regular basis nor compulsively jamming it back to back with people they know. Same thing applies the D'Angelo album: they seem more like albums that people are are acclaiming because everyone and their grandma is prodding them to do so as opposed to genuinely loving them. The relevancy of these albums culturally shouldn't make people forget that there needs to be a real hook or motif beyond their stories to last beyond the moment.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-08-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote