Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Albums of 2015 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-06-2015, 11:59 PM   #79 (permalink)
Lucem Ferre
Cuter Than Post Malone.

I haven't listened to all the albums yet.

I know Compton, Documentary 2 (I'll lump both albums together), I Don't Like ****, I don't Go Outside, That new Pusha T album, and the new Yelawolf album are all ones on my list that I haven't heard yet. That in mind my list that I have been thinking about since September.

5. Ho99o9-Dead Bodies In The Lake Mixtape.

This mixtape came out of nowhere and I love it. Ho99o9 is an experimental hip hop group that fuses industrial sounds with horror punk rock and raps along with it. They have not released one bad project so far, even though their projects are a bit short. This mixtape is their biggest project so far with 10 songs on it. They definitely used a bit more of their punk rock influences with this. I just can't seem to get enough of this group. Favorite song from that album would have to be Death Kult Deciples (999 Anthem).

4. Tech N9ne-Special Effects

If I had to name a favorite rapper it'd probably be Tech N9ne. Good thing I don't have to though. Of all 17 albums Tech N9ne has put out I've loved all but 3 of them. Those three being Celsius, The Gates Mixed Plate and the new Strangeulation II he just released last month. This album did not fail to impress me and still gets it's fair share of play throughs. I love how diverse the songs can be. He goes from darker sounding theatrical songs to heavy alternative metal to the psychedelic rock to club rap to dubstep and etc. My favorite song from the album would have to be Shroud.

3. Twiztid-The Darkness

Twiztid just seems to get better and better. They went from primitive rhymes with corn ball ICP sounding lyrics to beasts that could stand toe to toe with the giants of today. And this album, although not as good as their new template for a great Twiztid album Abominationz, shows that they don't plan on stopping their new found growth spurt in music. It sounded like they tried to showcase the different styles they have touched with this album ranging from the grungy rock sound on Back To Hell to the old school horror hip-hop sound they had back in the House Of Krazees days with Seance. My favorite song would have to be Down Here.

2. Kendrick Lamar-To Pimp A Butterfly

Ohhhh, Kendrick Lamar. This mother ****er right here. This goddamn genius. This little slice hip hop heaven with god butter spread all across it to form an angelic taste of pure nirvana better than the best orgasm you have had times ten. Maybe over exaggerating a bit, but I love this guy. Ever since I came across his music, which is a bit late compared to most but none the less. One of my favorite rappers out right now. Definitely on his way into legend status in my book. Too new to be there, but lets face it, he's going there. His new album was absolutely wonderful. It was a perfect commentary on what he is going through right now as an black person from the slums who has made something of himself during this time period where we are trying to erase the last remnants of racism. He talks about how artists go broke because they spend their money like maniacs rather than invest it into their future. He talks about how his fame and fortune brings this guilt inside of him because while he lives this life he still has friends and family that struggle from where he came. He talks about self loathing and self love. He talks about abusing his fame to using it responsibly. He tries to empower his race while scrutinizing it. The self contradicting look into Kendrick Lamar's mind is what really makes this album human and relate-able. The Yams are the power that be!!!! My favorite song is Blacker The Berry.

1. Lupe Fiasco-Tetsou & Youth

Everything that everybody has ever claimed Kendrick Lamar to be, Lupe Fiasco was X5 about a decade earlier. I love Lupe. This album was in every way an artistic masterpiece. This is an album that you have to study and pick apart. It's an album designed to make you think, riddled with double meanings and completely genius word play like Lupe is known for. I liked every single song from this album, every damn song. I had to put this at number one because it came out at the beginning of the year and I still listen to it way more than any other album that came out this year. Every time I listen to it, I find something new to like about it. Mural was the perfect example of the lyrical genius that Lupe is. Prisoner 1 & 2 told a very great story about how 1st prisoner is the one in prison while the 2nd prisoner is the prison guard who beats down the first prisoner while trying to find reasons to keep the 1st prisoner locked up out of jealousy because while he gets released the guard is still stuck at the prison. So many great songs on this release, it's hard to choose a favorite, so I'll just link Body Of Work.

Lucem Ferre is offline   Reply With Quote