Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:46 AM   #2268 (permalink)
DeadChannel
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trollheart View Post

Title: So the Flies Don't Come
Artiste: Milo
Genre: Hip-hop
Familiarity: Zero
Recommended by: Deadchannel

Expectations: It's hip-hop and it's Bandcamp. I can't help but feel I won't be getting into this, but we'll see.

1. Rabblerouse: Good melody, decent rap, interesting wordplay. Synthy organ is cool at the end
2. Souvenir: Slide guitar? Cool. Second song in which he's mentioned mythology. The stop/start style of the music oddly enough doesn't annoy me, which it normally would.
3. Zen scientist: Nice slow laidback one here; lot of soul in this one
4. Re: animist: Interesting warped piano here; not sure if I like it though.
5. An encyclopaedia: Nice slow accompaniment, like his use of the encyclopaedia in the title. Sort of horns going on and off, bit like a slow siren or something.
6. Going no place: Dark vocal here is pretty cool. Reference to Renegade is neat. The TV show that is.
7. True nen: Harmonica? What is true nen anyway?
8. Napping under the echo tree: This has a really nice relaxing melody to it; the echoing drums are lovely and if that's violin (which it probably isn't) I dig it too.
9. @yomilo: It's alright but I'm not mad about this one.
10. Song about a raygunn (An ode to Driver): Very motown/soul with a much faster rap. But yeah I like this one.

End result: For a rapper/hip-hop artist this guy is pretty damn good and didn't annoy me as most of the ones I have listened to to date did. Liked the music and I like his style. Kind of pays his dues back to soul and blues.

So, Love or Hate? Oddly enough, this is another Love, which I had not expected.
I thought that Milo's sort of detached, chill delivery might be more palatable to you than most rap, but damn.
DeadChannel is offline   Reply With Quote