Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Albums of 2015 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 04:40 PM   #85 (permalink)
The Big Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Congrats. Like I said before, it's good....but not to the point where it edged out what I already had in my top 10 or even top 30's. If I was limited genre-wise to Hip-Hop and jazz it would probably make the top ten.
hold up, you think Kendrick Lamar has reached the same level of meme as D'Angelo.

Good lord, I know plenty of even casual music fans that play Kendrick. I don't think his rise in popularity rules out the legitimacy of his music.

TPAB is a really good album, I get that all the music publications are saying that too and that may sour people against it, but it's one of the AOTY!!!!!(1)!!! nominees that deserves the credit. This isn't just blogsheet wank like D'Angelo or To Be Kind, TBAP is actually thoroughly enjoyable.

Same thing with GKMC, I remember people saying similar things about it in 2012, that it wouldn't stand the test of time - that it was overhyped, etc, I still play it 3 years later and I think it's in the top 3 hip-hop albums of all time. Obviously just my opinion but I don't think Kendrick deserves the elitist backlash the same way some other artists do.
I know it can be annoying hearing people drone on about the same albums that music publications are crowing about, you just think "mate you haven't even formed your own opinion" and TBAP isn't faultless but to say it would struggle to reach a Top 30, man, I think you're stretching it a bit there.
14232949 is offline   Reply With Quote