Music Banter - View Single Post - Neil Peart Retires
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 08:38 PM   #6 (permalink)
Frownland
SOPHIE FOREVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neapolitan View Post
Nice touch providing a photo with the a "Exit" sign, kinda poignant.

How exactly is he overrated? Where is this overrating coming from? It's not (for instance) from the the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and Museum. It took Rush 30 years to get into the RnR HoF. Is it the fans? I think he worth every bit of respect given to him by his fans.
I mean, he's pretty much universally regarded as the best in rock circles. I don't think that he's overrated given his genre because his audience isn't likely to know about jazz drummers that I might think are way better than Peart. Rush is also more in the public eye than any jazz drummer apart from Buddy Rich, which makes him more likely to dominate discussion about best drummers. So I see where Tristan Geoff is coming from.

Sad to see the news, but I'm glad that he didn't play to the point of embarrassing himself (cough, cough, Chuck Berry, cough). I'm glad that I got to see him live before he called it quits.

Frownland is offline   Reply With Quote