Music Banter - View Single Post - Metal Album Survivor [1st Wave Black Metal Division]
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2015, 10:59 PM   #2228 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Other than Dillinger Escape Plan and Evenged Sevenfold I've never even heard of any of these. Since ES sucks I'll vote off everyone except DEP.
You can't even spell "avenged".

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Cmon Batsy, there is a reason why everyone remembers Black Flag and the Suicidal Tendencies but no one remembers Earth Crisis and Integrity. (did Integrity even have a decent song outside Micah?)

But whatever I'm just saying make it fun with some big names people recognize, kind of like the glam metal survivor.
People remember Suicidal because they were a thrash band, otherwise they would just be one more nameless hardcore band lost to the sands of time, and nobody else but music fans really remembers anybody but Black Flag.

If people don't remember the good metalcore bands, it's because of those same ones on your list (not to mention that in the 90s, hardcore kids didn't like metal, metal kids didn't like hardcore, and everybody else liked Pearl Jam). Your list ruined an entire genre of music, and I have no desire to honor them on my thread, even as a joke. I'll happily do deathcore as a joke, since they never ruined death metal, but Bullet for My Valentine aren't coming anywhere near here.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote