Music Banter - View Single Post - Neil Peart Retires
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 11:22 PM   #12 (permalink)
Neapolitan
carpe musicam

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwill123 View Post
Here's five who I think are better and more influential in the rock realm.
Keith Moon
Billy Cobham
Bill Bruford
Carl Palmer
Jim Gordon

Chuck Berry damn near invented the whole genre of "rock" music. If he hasn't earned the right to play until he drops dead on stage then I don't know who has.
If anyone should be called overrate it's Keith Moon. Loonie Moonie acts like such a smacked ass, and plays the same **** over and over on drums. Moonie might influential (no accounting for taste or talent) for some drummer, but besides acting like a lunatic he doesn't really bring anything new or important to the art of drumming. Roger Daltrey seems decent as front man singer/performer, but the rest of The Who are bunch of megalomaniac making a horrible racket. It seems that people are willing to listen to bad rubbish just to hear Roger sing.

Bill Bruford and Carl Palmer are favorites of mine but I wouldn't rank them higher than Neil. Jim Gordon suffers from Schizophrenia and is in jail.

My favorite drummers, but I'm not ranking them higher than Neil Peart, I don't see them as better, just having different approaches to the art of drumming.

Elvin Jones
Jo Jones
Gene Krupa
Joe Morello
Mel Taylor
Ringo Starr
Charlie Watts
Hal Blaine
Mitch Mitchell
Bill Bruford
Carmine Appice
Jim Capaldi
John Bonham
Carl Palmer
Billy Beard
Phil Collins/Chester Thompson
Stewart Copeland
Larry Mullen, Jr.
Chad Smith
Chad Sexton
Matt Cameron
Todd Roper
Carter Beauford
Parker Griggs
Benny Greb

"it counts in our hearts" ?ºº?
“I have nothing to offer anybody, except my own confusion.” Jack Kerouac.
“If one listens to the wrong kind of music, he will become the wrong kind of person.” Aristotle.
"If you tried to give Rock and Roll another name, you might call it 'Chuck Berry'." John Lennon
"I look for ambiguity when I'm writing because life is ambiguous." Keith Richards
Neapolitan is offline   Reply With Quote