Music Banter - View Single Post - Top 10 Albums of 2015 !!!
View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 11:37 PM   #165 (permalink)
Anteater
Certified H00d Classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
^^^

Wait people are still arguing about this. For ****'s sake, just talk about the top albums of 2015 again. I came here to grow my listening list not banter about this stupid pointless argument about putting an album at number one for the sake of popularity. Get over it already.
The fact he even made the response above shows he didn't really read my initial post. Every little thing needs to be spelled out because they don't think about anything contextually. TBAP's nearly complete dominance on most of the major lists I've seen this year says way more to me about marketing and how the the music being marketed plays into a political climate than it does about the actual musical interests of the person listing it. There are some other points I had to elaborate on this (since I study a lot of this stuff in detail due to my educational background), but I know when I'm wasting my breath.

On another note, going back over your list Identity...I actually find it interesting that The Color Before The Sun is there. It's the poster child for a "mixed reception" this year, but I actually enjoyed it more than the last few outings from Claudio and co.

Anteater's Daily Tune Roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by OccultHawk
I was called upon by the muses for greatness.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland
I'm bald, ja.

Last edited by Anteater; 12-08-2015 at 11:58 PM.
Anteater is offline   Reply With Quote