Music Banter - View Single Post - Accomplishments and Such.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 07:52 AM   #81 (permalink)
Plankton
Just Keep Swimming...

Ok, accomplishments... hmmm, let's see here...

Chronological order:
  • Wrote my first Basic program using a Commodore 64.
  • AIT Scholarship out of HS (never used it).
  • Joined the Army and excelled at Basic even though I was taken from training to paint murals on things around the base. Highly unorthodox.
  • Fired Expert in M16 training.
  • 2 Army Achievement Awards for some artwork while at my permanent duty station.
  • Served my term in the U.S. Army.
  • Assoc. Design Serv. Drafting Degree. Graduated top of my class. All board drafting, very little CAD.
  • Self taught on AutCad R9, including LISP and some DIESEL.
  • Started up CAD dept for a small firm.
  • Moved on to bigger firms like Federal Signal, GE, ComEd, General Motors EMD, and a handful of Arch and Struct firms.
  • Created Drawing Tracker software for GEIS/ComEd substation rework project.
  • Was a single Dad, working full time, and going to college for a CIS degree. Burned out.
  • Recognized and awarded for building an entire 27 hole Disc Golf course.
  • Started up and am now running a company that serves the Fire Fighting industry on a global level with a large portion of our clientele being the U.S. Military. I'm the CAD Manager, IT Manager, Marketing Manager, and Senior Structural Designer.
  • My name is on engineering drawings for Madison Sq. Garden scoreboard, SD90MAC Locomotive, the Chrysler Building, thousands of billboards around the Chicagoland area, many different electrical projects for several municipalities, hundreds of food and paper processing plants, and now globally for all the Fire Training Facilities I've designed and built.
  • Raised a beautiful daughter who is a manager of a top restaurant in the area, as well as in her third year of college, and she's only 21.
  • Self produced 6 albums of guitar instrumentals, 1 rock/metal album with the ex-singer from Zoetrope, and 1 album of cover songs.
  • Logged in many hours of stage time from being in bands, and doing One-Man shows.
  • After 30+ years, I quit smoking on Dec 4th 2014.

There might be other things I forgot, but that's pretty much my history of adult personal accomplishments up to this point.