Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Movies That Didn't Suck This Year.
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 08:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Default Horror Movies That Didn't Suck This Year.

I haven't watched much of anything this year so, I really would like to see what everyone else has. I'll add the ones I did to start this off. Keep only has to have been released this year on DVD or in theater. So things that came out last year but, came out on DVD this year would be fine.

The Babadook. - Now it's been a long time since I've watched a horror movie and thought wow, this is really something different. The way that it goes between mental illness and the reality of things is really masterful. I gave it a solid 4 out of 5 because, the ending was a little odd for my tastes. I wanted it to end a different way but, I do understand the ending and why it happened that way. It makes sense but, was all too easy. 4/5 stars.

It Follows. - You either love or hate this movie. I for one, loved it. I really liked how the idea was modern, the setting was modern. It's just a good movie for the current generation in so many ways. It has a slow pace that a lot of people can't deal with but, if like really strange movies give it a shot. It's a different kind of fear compared to others. I can't say much of anything without spoiling. 4/5 stars.

I'll also add some I watched that were horrible.

Unfriended - My boyfriend wanted to watch this and I went in thinking hell, why not it might actually turn out to be ok. Well, I should have went with my initial feelings. The only thing I could give it is the idea of not being a dick on social media or at all. The ending ruined it completely though. 1.5/5 stars.

Poltergeist - What did you do to one of my favorite horror movies? Why? 1/5 stars. Don't watch it. Your eyes will bleed.

Things I've been meaning to watch.

Crimson Peak (Love the director his other films are usually amazing)
Insidious 3 - I've watched the other two the first being the best.
Sinister 2 - Heard it was horrible..
The Final Girls - A horror/comedy gem I saw a trailer for.
Knock Knock - Keanu Reeves.
The Witch - This movie looks amazing but, I think it comes out in 2016 on DVD not sure.

Anyway yeah have at it.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote