Music Banter - View Single Post - Review Albums in the TH Love or Hate Style
View Single Post
Old 12-09-2015, 09:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
As for some background: we recorded all these songs in one take with little to no planning before each, so what you're hearing is a band practicing (actually in my room though, not garage) and it was all recorded on a one track portable Tascam recorder. The lo-fi sound was something we were actually going towards, cause we like a lot of that stuff, so that wasn't important. That last track doesn't really have vocals, the guys just making sounds with his mouth. we have an amplifier for the vocals, but we forgot to thrn the knob up, so that's why it's barely audible. Of course, our next recording will definitely be a lpt better than this, since we have actual songs written out and a room with better acoustics, but it'll still be pretty lo-fi.

That 4th track...

I wanted to use a Steve Albini quote as a title, since REM With a Fuzzbox was one too (and you can't go wrong with Albini) so I looked up Albini quotes and picked it because I liked it.

And the harmonica I quickly threw in and just blew random notes. The whole demo is really noise rock if I say so myself, and it really is just us jamming and having fun.
If I knew who Steve Albini was I would have thought that was a cool homage but, considering I don't it just seemed odd to me. Cool that it's all in one take. I really respect anyone who puts music out for the public. I have a ****ty old acoustic demo on my Soundcloud but, often think about deleting it because, it's just so horrible.

It's a good start.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote