Music Banter - View Single Post - Review Albums in the TH Love or Hate Style
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 05:27 AM   #66 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
And here I called it spaceport music. *shrug*
I loved your review of it. It was very imaginative.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
I mean that's a valid interpretation too, that's what's so great about lyricless music if you ask me. It means what the listener wants it to mean. Sometimes the listener picks up on the artist's intention but if not that's awesome too

But then there are cases with albums like Metal Machine Music that are trash no matter how you want to look at it
Untrue. I was amazed by how much I loved that album, and never in a million years expected to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondo Bungle View Post
Hey who doesn't? Oh yeah, posers
Even some posers like me do like it!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
Your Daydream Society albums are really beautiful YorkeDaddy. Reminds me a bit of early 90's Giles Reaves or maybe Max Corbacho. Keep up the wonderful work.
Agreed, though I don't know who those guys are; just the first part
Quote:
Originally Posted by YorkeDaddy View Post
Seems like everyone else is really enjoying it too! Kudos to you for taking initiative
Also agreed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anteater View Post
If your looking for new "singers" to get into, I'd highly recommend a lot of the work of David Sylvian if you haven't given him a whirl before, specifically this record:

Or that one about the haunted house? No light enters or something?

Being in charge of the "Love or Hate?" thread I would suggest everyone maybe just cool down a little on the recs, as you're kind of bombarding Horror here. Maybe he's ok with that, and if so fine, but remember he's only one guy so if I was you Horror I'd use some sort of barrier, such as nobody rec anything until I've reviewed the current album or something like that. Just some advice, as these ****ers will keep throwing recs at you till you die.