Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror's Reviews and Such.
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Default Horror's Reviews and Such.

It seems a lot of people have been enjoying my reviews in another thread. By grindy's suggestion and Frownland's input here is my own personal one.

I'm really bad at introductions but, here's a little bit about how this will work.

I decided on my own to do a star point system rather than Trollheart's infamous color system because, it opens up being about to grade something with say a 2.5 rather than having to grade it 2 or 3. I like to have a very precise scoring.

For album review requests.

So then, as of now anyone can request a review for one album, I will put them in order from the first person to request to the last.

And for good measure I'll cap it off at 10 recs just so it doesn't get too crazy.

So, that being said as on right now review suggestions are OPEN.

I really enjoying doing this so, I hope you enjoying reading as well. I had some nice stuff to say all laid out but, somehow accidentally deleted it so, yeah. Also, I'll be starting college online in January sometime so when that comes my replies will be less frequent I hope you understand.

Currently I have these albums to review
--------------------------------------
Batlord/ Bathory - Hammerheart
TrollHeart/ Sigh --- Imaginary Soundscape
TechnicLePanther / Minutemen - Double Nickels on the Dime
grindy / Lucien Dubuis Trio & Marc Ribot - Ultime Cosmos
Frownland / Fifty Foot Hose - Cauldron
plainview / Ys - Joanna Newsom
Anteater / Moon Safari - A Doorway To Summer (2005)
The Identity Matrix / Albert Hammond Jr - Momentary Masters (2015)
Tristan Geoff / Self titled debut by Dead Can Dance
Ilistentoeverything / This Empty Northern Hemisphere by Gregory Alan Isakov

Finished Requests
-----------------
David Sylvian - Gone to Earth : Anteater
The Strokes - Angles : The Identity Matrix
Mark Hollis - s/t : Plainview
2 Foot Yard - Borrowed Arms : Grindy
Unbroken - Life. Love. Regret. : Batlord
Faith Hill - Cry : TrollHeart
A Sunny Day in Glasgow - Sea When Absent : YorkeDaddy
The Dead Milkmen - The King In Yellow : Black Francis
Tin Hat - The Sad Machinery Of Spring : grindy
This Heat - Deceit : Frownland
The Strokes - Is This It : The Identity Matrix
_ LP (2012) by Whatever Brains. : Tristan Geoff
Lanterns on the Lake - Gracious Tide, Take Me Home. : YorkeDaddy

Plainview made a good point of me telling all of you what I enjoy listening to. Honestly, there isn't much that I don't enjoy. Screaming parrots being one thing I don't. Anyone want a parrot? You can eat it I really don't give a ****.

Anyway, jokes aside.

Dislikes:

Heavy Rap/ stuff that has no meaning being it such as my bitches and my money and I'm more of a pimp than you I shot my mom to join a gang because, that's the cool thing to do.

Pig Squealing Metal/ I really can't stand this. I like some hardcore. I like some screamo. Stuff like that but, really I don't understand why someone would want to put themselves through the random farm noises. I'm also pretty picky about things with screaming so, don't be mad if I don't enjoy it.

Techno that doesn't have vocals/ Now, there are some I do really like, I've played some visual novels and games with fantastic OSTs without vocals. That being said if you rec me well, anything without vocals I might
be bias.

Singers I can't understand/ Ok so, if it's in another language that's fine. I like Japanese, German, Latin, etc. all kinds of languages but, if it's a static mess or something chances are I'll not even going to make it through the album.

Simple stuff/ If it's your own personally music I'll be less bias. We all grow and learn from starting somewhere but, if you throw an album at me that is supposed to be done by a professional and it's just meh, I'm gonna say it's meh.

Off Kilter/ Such as, a vocal that doesn't match up with the guitar well.

Country/ It's possible I'll like it but, I prefer folk.

Female Vocals/ Not to be reverse sexist or gender whatever. I just really like female singers. That doesn't mean I dislike male singers it's just that there's a slight chance I might dislike a male voice compared to rarely
disliking a female voice.

Orchestra/ Anything that is masterful is something I really love. I could die in a sea of string instruments. Bonus points if it's paired with vocals. Stuff like hymns or something really vocally big. A good example for some that might have played it would be the music from Final Fantasy X. The monks. Stuff like that.

Acoustics/ Anything dressed down. Something that really puts me close to the person rather than what's happening around them.

Punk and Rock/ I grew up on rock music. I really love stuff that's around this vein.

Oldies/ Stuff like Frank Sinatra, Etta James, Janis Joplin ummm even Johnny Cash but, it's kind of rare I like country.

Pop/ I do like pop music but, I dislike a lot of the main popular pop.

Remixes/ If you know a good remix album or even a remix of a song that's really good throw it my way.

Otherwise I'm really open to things. Hope this helps!

Last edited by Horror; 12-13-2015 at 03:20 PM.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote