Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 12-10-2015, 11:04 PM   #642 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
He finally went too far. Every GOP politico is condeming him. He's being called ISIS's #1 recruiter now by lots of defense guys.

I miss JWB right now.....
Well I'm sure I can speak for JWB in that he would say that his poll numbers just shot up further, as a result of his comments.

The Republican base (Blue collar workers) is in complete revolt right now against the establishment, and they hate the liberal media, so every time Trump's condemned as a racist or a bigot they stand behind him even more.

In short, they're angry as hell because they've been used by the Rockefeller Republican for decades, who pander to them on issues like immigration, and then fu)k them over by doing the exact opposite once in power. (Bush 1 & 2)

You therefore have a large segment of the population who feels completely disenfranchised by both the left and the right, and Trump has finally given them a voice.

Trump's comments on putting a temporary ban on all Muslim immigration though is, both ignorant and appalling, and appeals to the lowest common denominator of humanity.

He's therefore completely lost any hope of winning the support of Republican candidates like Rubio and Bush to win swing states like Florida if he wins the nomination.

I'm not writing him off though, afterall he's effectively taken out every major establishment candidate in the primaries so far, and that is quite the undertaking in itself.