Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror Movies That Didn't Suck This Year.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post

The Boy

not just my favorite horror film this year....it's easily withing my top ten for the year....it's basically a slow movie examination of a 9 year old sociopath.....from what i understand it is the fist part in a trilogy that will watch this kid grow into a full blown serial killer

i have a few more great horror films from this year....i'll post them later when i have a little more time
I'm guessing that The Boy won't be out on DVD etc. until next year considering I looked up a trailer and found it was at a film festival. It sounds really interesting. I'd love to watch it but, obviously can't yet lol. Please feel free to post more whenever you like.

Quote:
I like horror movies, but most of them are annoying and formulaic to me and I didn't dee many new ones this year.

It Follows is amazing.

Watched Bone Tomahawk a few days ago. Really liked it.
I decided to look up Bone Tomahawk this looks really interesting. I didn't expect it to be in this sort of setting. Is this horror, or a thriller though? It seems like more of a thriller or psychological. Which I also love. I'd like to watch it with my dad though. It looks like something he would enjoy a lot.

I tend to enjoy some slashers but, yes a lot of horror is formulaic. It does tend to follow a pattern. There's those great films that break the mold though. Ones that write characters outside of the laws. Write endings that you won't see coming. Sadly this year I've yet to find many outside of what's been listed.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote