Music Banter - View Single Post - Which band are you into lately?
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 02:33 PM   #123 (permalink)
ChelseaDagger
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
I listened to the first 3 songs of that album and they were great. i luv the heavy guitars they use, they know how to blend them well. It sounds like a great album so far. i'm familiar with Parov stelar as well but that Diablo swing orchestra blows him outta the water.
Well I can't argue with that last statement... DSO's sound is much more musically satisfying when I'm listening to music for the sake of the...well...music. But if I want a nice back beat to dance to, though, I prefer Parov. My moods tend to change often, what with being feline at heart.

Totally agree about the guitarist... I'm a hopeless sucker for good guitar... A trait likely due to the arrested development of that part of my brain which refuses to let go of the 90's

If you like DSO, check out Circus Contraptions. I don't know how often you get in touch with your "carnie side," but I posted a good one of theirs in my Burlesque thread (jazz forum). Their stuff is kind of "novelty" in nature, but it doesn't pretend to be otherwise, and is still very enjoyable.
ChelseaDagger is offline   Reply With Quote