Music Banter - View Single Post - Horror's Reviews and Such.
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 05:58 PM   #83 (permalink)
Horror
Music Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Fair rating. i agree with your review for the most part but i would've given 'Passport to Depravity' a 5 cause i think that song has the best music arrangement in that album. What i like about that album is that it's simple and fun and has a good sense of humour. I guess you could say that about every album by them but i think that one is one of their most consistent one.
I couldn't even tell you the album I heard from them but, I know it was way, way back in like at the most 2002 - 2003 maybe even before that. It's also nice to see that they didn't bend to trying to fit in with modern music. Passport of Depravity I didn't give a five because, like some of the other songs it's just not completely clear. Which is fine but, that's just my opinion after all. I actually found The Dead Milkmen searching for The Dead Kennedys funny enough.

Quote:
The hell else would you ever want anyone to sing about? A trashy white chick quasi-rapping about throwing up in Paris Hilton's closet is genius.
Obviously it sells. Here's the thing. I like Kesha. I tend to like her music, more so when I'm blackout wasted. Her title album was really good and then the next one came. It sounds just like the first one and then the next. She's just playing it safe I wish she would branch out. That song is hilarious though.

Quote:
I agree. For someone who is only just arrived here, you're throwing yourself into this thread and it's becoming popular. You're certainly contributing to the community, which is what we're all about, and hopefully you're getting some good recs too (or learning what to stay away from!)

Great job!
I feel like I should get down and say I'm (we're) not worthy.
I'm getting a lot of fantastic recs and hope to keep this going for a long time. When college starts it might be a little slower but, I'll still try to at least do an album a day. That is, as long as people still rec to me lol.
Horror is offline   Reply With Quote