Music Banter - View Single Post - donald trump 4 prez
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2015, 06:49 PM   #649 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I agree on the support backlash (for lack of a better word/invented phrase) that's been brought on in response to the media condemning Trump. I think that it might actually be his superpower. Whether I'm blinded by my liberal ideology or if I'm right, I don't think that he'll be able to get the presidency, though. He might get the Republican nomination, but I don't see him making it further than that. That's for no real reason apart from the fact that I've seen only disdain for him, even with people I consider to be an unwitting parody of the Republican party.
I think there is a strong chance he will win the nomination (provided his own narcissism doesn't blow him up) but I think it would be hard for him to beat Hillary at this point. He's alienated too many Republican hopefuls.

To win the biggest swing state (Florida) he would need the support of Both Bush & Rubio who are popular amongst the Cuban and Hispanic population. Neither of them, who will most likely run for President again in 5 years time, are going to tarnish their reputations by backing Trump if he wins the nomination.

I also think people are starting to question Trump's judgment and emotional stability. I know I am. Part of my early affection in Trump lied in my childhood, for when I was in Elementary school everybody idolized him, as being the rich guy on the planet you wanted to be.

Now I just think he's as extroverted egomaniac whose surrounded by a bunch of yes men in his campaign. To quote Rick Perry, "He doesn't have the temperament to be President."

Why its possible Trump could still win 2016?

1) He's not playing by the normal set of political rules. To his credit, he's a ruthless type A personality business shark. Think about it, it was supposed to be Jeb versus Hillary; Jeb Bush had a huge corporate war chest, and The Donald demolished him. In fact, Trump has steamrolled over anyone who has come close to him in the polls. So don't underestimate what he could do to Hillary, despite his unpopularity amongst moderate voters at the moment. Trump is about one thing, win, win ,win!

2) Point two; I'm kind of talking out of my ass here, but both Cruz & Carson have been relatively mum in overtly criticizing Trump because they are most likely allied with him in the primaries, so there is a strong possibility that one of the two could be his running mate.

Whether you like it or not, the reality is that race matters in politics, and although I don't think Cruz could win Florida, for reasons stated above, I do think Carson could help tip Ohio and Virginia (Two important swing states) in Trumps favour.

Anyways it makes for some highly entertaining politics, I'd talk about the democratic primaries, but it's a forgone conclusion.