Music Banter - View Single Post - Your favorite Metallica album?
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 11:21 AM   #232 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tristan Geoff View Post
I can agree with you about their later output to an extent, though I really dig St. Anger and Lulu. I think they certainly reached a peak around Master of Puppets/And Justice For All. You should definitely give those a full listen at least once.

Don't get me wrong, I like black album, it has some great songs and is pretty solid, but definitely not the level they reach on the two albums prior.
Just out of curiosity, what is it that you really dig about St. Anger? I'm not one of those who considers it the worst album ever made or anything, but I certainly see it as mediocre at best. I think the idea was solid, and if they had cut every song on the album by half then you would have a pretty darn good alt metal album, but the album is just too damn long, both in song and album length. Not to mention James' terrible vocal performance, and the production, which was, again a good idea, but if you're going to go for a lo-fi sound, then you shouldn't overproduce the hell out of the album to make it sound like you didn't.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote