Music Banter - View Single Post - Technic's Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2015, 05:27 PM   #10 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

The Patton Parade

A year after releasing their previous album, the band released yet another demo.

Mr. Bungle - Goddammit I Love America!!

This new album featured an even more trimmed sound than their previous album, moving further away from metal. This one still retains the lo-fi sound of the other two demos, and capitalizes on it.

If you're a fan looking for different versions of songs, you can find them here. Carousel makes an appearance on this album, alongside the first appearance of "Egg". While here it appears in a very trimmed down version, in their first album, it is the longest track. Beyond that, it's mostly Bungle's patented sound. These early demos definitely tie in more to their reggae sound, in songs like "Goosebumps", but also expose the band's more experimental side, represented in this album with the closer, "Incoherence".

In general, this trimmed-down demo is much more successful than Bowel of Chiley, but not nearly as successful as their last demo. However, I would definitely recommend it to fans.

Patton-O-Meter says:

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote