Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) - 2006

Music Video/Single by Coheed and Cambria

The third single released off of Good Apollo IV, Ten Speed is a track that combines sinister song writing/lyricism with straight forward pop rock instrumentation. A winning formula thus far for Coheed and Cambria yet it seems to drag on this far in their discography. This is the first song on the main album to have this type of structure to it so it certainly adds variety to the first four tracks of the album. The song is actually about the Writing Writer, the creator of the Amory Wars storyline, being tricked by his satanic bicycle to kill off a specific character in the story. Once again you do not see these lyrical themes too often in a pop rock track but it makes the song a little more sinister. The song is one of the catchiest in their career, which is saying something considering the whole album is pretty catchy overall. I would like to commend the backing vocals on this track as they add quite a bit of substance to the track. This song isn't one in which Claudio absolutely shines on vocals and so the added backing vocals are a nice touch. The song ends with a rough vocalization of the title of the track in which Claudio aggressively yells "Ten Speed (Of God's Blood and Burial) multiple times. Overall I really enjoy the track on its own, but after multiple listens to the album I can say without remorse that this track is far from the best in Coheeds discography.

The Video itself is pretty standard fare for a Coheed and Cambria Video. The Band is playing in some underground warehouse to a crowd that surrounds them. The video cuts between this and the movement of a stencil for the Keywork symbol, the main symbol of Coheed and Cambria. The stencil is getting passed around and as the video continues on, one would notice that the Keywork symbol is tattooed on many of the characters necks. The "main character" of the video is surprised by this and begins running, from what I don't know. Now the video obviously does not follow the storyline of the track, but I think we have come to expect that at this point. It is a fun video with a solid performance of the track. It had action, a build up, and the ending comes first style that Mission Impossible 3 popularized. Overall I enjoyed the video and thought it complimented the track well.

The song receives an absolute like and the video gets a like as well.

Watch/listen to it yourself and give me your opinions. Like it? Dislike it? Why?

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote