Music Banter - View Single Post - Christmas 2015
Thread: Christmas 2015
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #49 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pet_Sounds View Post
My parents did Santa when I was younger, and I know there was nothing more magical than "believing" (although I figured it out when I was really young). When I was older, Dad explained to me that "Santa" wasn't exactly a lie--he represents the "Christmas spirit" or altruism or whatever you want to call it. He and Mom were merely acting as agents of the spirit within us all. It's kinda like God as "an old man in the sky" vs. God as "something within all of us" (thanks, Lennon).

My parents' approach might have been a leetle bit different from most, however.

On another note, this Christmas is going to be really rough for my dad, because it's the first year neither of his parents has been around to celebrate it with. I'm probably going to ask my mom if my brother and I can spend Christmas with him because of that, even though we did last year as well. Might be an awkward conversation, but I'm sure she'll understand.
Did they give you dried fruit if you were nice and beat you with a switch if you were naughty?
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote