Music Banter - View Single Post - Best hiphop verse ever
View Single Post
Old 12-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #25 (permalink)
DwnWthVwls
Fck Ths Thngs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Homework View Post
innovative metaphors and clever wordplay.
Not many people appreciate that around here.

I think Master Thesis is my favorite song by him with 100 bars or Poet Laureate II tied for second.

But this is absolutely INSANE I just wish I had the opportunity to actually play with it..

Quote:
Poet Laureate Infinity:
A concept invented by Germaine Williams in 2007. The song contains 5 different 200 bar layers, for a total of thousand bars. It was originally displayed on a virtual mixing board online. Essentially, you would press play and all 5 sets of 200 bars would play at once, with 4 muted.
You could at any time, mute one, and unmute a different one. And do this every single bar, and no matter what they would flow to make a new rhyme. As it was designed to make "infinite" rhymes there were countless different mixes or songs that could be created.

Infinite rhyming consists of layers that share the exact same rhyme scheme and flow. By putting each layer into a separate channel of a mixer, it gives the user the ability to switch between layers seamlessly. This while still maintaining a coherent rhyme structure, content, rhythm and flow. Thereby allowing users to create their own songs, or mixes, in an infinite number of ways. This video displays how it was recorded, but as stated above, you can create totally new content with it.

Layer 1, Couplet 1:
I spit rhymes for your pleasure/ You listen at your leisure/
I only record it once you listen to it forever/

Layer 2, Couplet 1:
I spit at a thousand KIPS, kilo tonnes of pressure/
Every letter is measured/ in such a way you will remember/

Layer 1 0:20
Layer 2 11:02
Layer 3 21:45
Layer 4 32:27
Layer 5 43:09

"I guess you can't write an infinite rhyme with a finite mind