Music Banter - View Single Post - Hip-Hop's "essential" listening...
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 12:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by DwnWthVwls View Post
Can't do individual polls unfortunately. You would have to make a new thread for every song.. There's too many damn essentials. Don't expect involvement, not many people discuss hiphop here unfortunately.

Here's a few:

Spoiler for 4 tracks:

The Pharcyde - Passin Me By

Black Sheep - The Choice Is Yous

Eric B and Rakim - I Know You Got Soul

Doug E Fresh and Slick Rick - The Show
That's funny...I tend to list Pharcyde's "Passin' Me By" as essential listening as well.

I also like SugaHill Gang's "8th Wonder" 'cause it really pioneered the way between hip-hop as a small cultural movement and breached the barrier to mainstream appeal.

I also like this joint personally, it's gotta g-funk kinda sound.

Gots mainstream appeal too.

Another!!

And another...these broke mainstream barriers but that was back when the golden era of hip-hop was flourishing.

I also really like K7's "Come Baby Come" as the instrumental is a classic that gets sampled a lot!

If you like b-boy electro/freestyle breaks.

Peep this version of another classic, "Funky Cold Medina" by Tone Loc, remixed by A'Gun a russian b-boy electro producer.

P3@cE!

Don't sweat if there ain't much participation in the hip-hop forums...maybe you gotta set the example.

You've already put me onto a couple joints. You have a good ear for great melodies.

how you get plugged into the hip-hop scene down under, yo'? I see you over there in Jersey...you a transplant from Australia or somethin'?
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote