Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Domain
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2015, 07:15 PM   #47 (permalink)
The Identity Matrix
[REDACTED]

Artist Spotlight: Ghost BC

Do I hear groans? I am pretty sure I hear groans. Jokes aside I understand that this band gets a lot of hate for portraying themselves in a falsely manner. Without actually listening to this band, one would assume they are some extreme metal group with their satanic imagery and presentation. Well once you listen to the band it quickly becomes apparent that this band is about as metal as a tree. Well I shouldn't say that because they do have metallic qualities within their music. I find them closer to the sounds of Blue Oyster Cult and early Black Sabbath than the likes of Death or Sepultura. But I love this band. They have a doom aspect to them as well that is shown in multiple songs. Each album brought a different idea to the mix for the band's sound. I generally enjoy the bands three albums, some would say that Infestissium is bad but I disagree. Opus Eponymous and Meliora are very strong albums that I find exceptional. Opus Eponymous is a very fun record to spin every once in a while and Meliora is my album of the year so it has to be decent right? I could go on and on with why I like each song on each album but I would love to hear your opinions. Let me know what you think of Ghost BC and your thoughts on their albums.

The following sections will be standard for each artist spotlight.

Album recommendations: Opus Eponymous, Meliora

Why listen to them: to add something new to your metal playlist. They provide a very tongue and cheek satanic atmosphere to any metal playlist that is sure to be at least interesting if not absolutely fantastic. They are often compared to The Sword and other stoner metal/doom metal outfits but really they are combining these influences to create a unique sound.

Enter the Domain - The Identity Matrix Domain

"I'm not a prophet or a stone aged man, just a mortal with potential of a superman. I'm living on." - David Bowie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindy View Post
Just don't piss in his mouth or shove stuff in his dick. He tends to frown upon that.
The Identity Matrix is offline   Reply With Quote