Music Banter - View Single Post - The Force Awakens...opinion
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 10:43 AM   #1 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Default The Force Awakens...opinion

So I got invited to a prescreening last night.

I'ma fan, I know the diehards out there all uniformly hate the same things but I don't fall victim to the sway of mass opinion...I like to think for myself.

Anyway, I digress. The point I wanna make is that while most fans of the series hate Episode I off the strength of an annoying character who acts like a social reject from New Orleans' French Quarter...as though people don't have the mental faculties to tune annoyances out and enjoy the rest of the ride--I'ma fan and appreciate all the movies in the series. And with that said--BRACE YOURSELF!!

I found this Disney rendition to be kinda disappointing and at times boring for an array of personal reasons, of which I will not elaborate until a later time.

I don't wanna influence opinions but please be warned. Manage your expectations because if you go in there with a more-or-less neutral set of expectations, there's a chance you might be able to enjoy it having emotionally prepared adequately.

I don't even know how I feel about this film tho. It's different in many ways...and you'll see.

I don't wanna criticize what I believe are flaws in the story/screenwriting and directorial mistakes for the sake of avoiding spoilers.

If anybody else has seen it, after the 18th maybe come back and we can discuss?
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote