Music Banter - View Single Post - Love or Hate?
Thread: Love or Hate?
View Single Post
Old 12-17-2015, 02:43 PM   #2406 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Title: “Lurker in the moonlight”
Artiste: Klabautamann
Genre: Progressive/Black/Folk Metal
Taken from: Merkur
Familiarity: Zero
Suggested by: mythsofmetal

Expectations: It's an interesting mix of subgenres, one of which I know and am into, the other two I'm slowly getting into, so this could be something of an education. Or it could blow up in my face. Either is good.

Like the way it piles right in from the start with a heavy guitar and then the vocal is dark and growly but not too bad for one associated with black metal. Some really good guitar work here, quite technical. Really nice harmonic passage in the second minute, some lovely gentle guitar work with a really quite discernible vocal, whispering rather than growling. I love the contrast in styles here. If it ends with something like violin or uileann pipes I'll be very happy, though I doubt that would happen. Still, a talking banana? Picking up again for the last minute with fast hard guitar, but other than the vocal, really more progressive metal than black. Yeah, really enjoyed that.

Conclusion: This is the kind of thing I look for. Unique, different, interesting. Something I perhaps should not be into but am. Really impressed.

So, Love or Hate? A Love for this one.

Possibility of looking into the album: 90%