Music Banter - View Single Post - Games you're waiting for
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 01:11 PM   #191 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Francis View Post
Yes, that's exactly what it means.

I think the game started as just a remake but now it's turning into another modern FF game. A game that won't solely rely on the nostalgia of FF7 to sell and will draw a new audience. My concern with this game is that it is gonna a big budget game that is gonna have to compete with the other big budget games out there and therefore it's gonna abide by those same standards.

That means it will need to have the best graphics around, DLCs, over blown marketing, basically the modern make over all big budget games have to go through nowadays and depending on your perspective that's not necessarily a bad thing but it does mean it won't come cheap.
I don't think applying for the best graphics competition is a concern...

the FF series' strength has always been its storyline. But it does have a rich history of graphical breakthroughs with FF7 cgi and introducing cutscenes as well as FF8/FF9.

Speaking of good storylines.

Lost Odyssey anybody?!

But I do think it's lame that they're buying into the microtransaction market and releasing the game in installments ala Destiny with all the additional DLC. A full game shouldn't cost more than $100 to play...Bungie lost my patronship with that move.

Same thing with the AC series and that blow they dealt to long-time fans with that crap Unity game. I don't take kindly to spending a whole $60 bucks for an unfinished game just 'cause some executive is pushing a deadline and wants to skirt quality-control at the expense of consumers.

I know, I know...tuff talk from some guy on the internet. But I respect the value of my dollar...c'est la vie.
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote