Music Banter - View Single Post - True Detective Season 1 Questions and Theories
View Single Post
Old 12-18-2015, 03:17 PM   #8 (permalink)
prisoner437x3y0
Account Disabled

Show is really carried by purely by machismo dialogue, great performances and great cinematography. It is essentially an HBO version of other cop shows--which i think was the point.

I know I'm gonna be vindicated for being a male and throwing out the misogynist card (I mostly due it for topic of conversation) but it was a little ridiculous. Woody Harrelson getting phone calls form beutiful young women asking him to **** her in the ass, every female character being some type of prostitute or subordinate wife.

Don't honestly care that much--I've watched the season 3 times.

What do you guys think of the second season? It seemed too driven by feedback from the first, alas all the strong female characters. I thought the casting was too beautiful, I don't like beautiful women doing cop stuff (maybe i'm the misogynist) it breaks the reality for me. Rachel McAdams is too damn pretty too be doing this hard drinking dark bruised cop routine, although I get she was raped. Thats why I liked the wire--the female police didn't wear much makeup and were butch.

I'm all about hyper realism to a perhaps excessive extent. The plot was overly convoluted and kind-of childish in its extreme broodiness--wtf was with that lady always singing at the bar?

However, that scene where colin farrell gets drunk, blasts music and essentially breaks everything in his apartment...I've unfortunately been there.
prisoner437x3y0 is offline   Reply With Quote