Music Banter - View Single Post - Member Picture Gallery
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:13 PM   #31295 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chula Vista View Post
Actually I'm going to disagree. Certain foods should be eaten a certain way in order to fully satisfy all of the senses. Eating a BBQd rack of ribs with your hands is part of the experience. A knife and fork with a sirloin steak is ritual. Soup and cereal is spoon territory. And Asian food is when the chop sticks come out.
A.) Those are all convenient ways to eat those foods, and B.) we're just used to using those utensils for those jobs. Please explain to me how using chop sticks to eat lo mein enhances the flavor over using a fork.

Quote:
Re: Plastic forks. Do you keep a set of silverware with you at all times for when you eat out in lower end restaurants and fast food places???
I just haven't eaten anything at a fast food place that would require a plastic fork, and any restaurant I've been to in the last when-the-hell-ever has had metal utensils.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote