Music Banter - View Single Post - Games you're waiting for
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 04:59 PM   #198 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner437x3y0 View Post
I actually don't mind the microtransactions, I can understand the business model. Honestly, game prices, factoring in inflation, have remained the same for over 2 decades. That's pretty good considering how expensive they are, even if they are a lot more profitable.

I do remember when DLC map packs were free however. At least with subscription services you get a lot of free games on consoles, plus STEAM never existed prior. You can save a lot of money if your willing to by a game late.
yeah, and risk missing the entire window for multiplayer gameplay while the game is still relevant.

If your bottom line is saving money tho--you are absolutely right.

I pretty much only followed Gears, Assassin's Creed, BioShock, and Fable. With a few one offs between that...Borderlands. The majority of those have either no replay value or their replay value is exclusively in the multiplayer game play.

You do have a good point that games have cost $60 for the standard edition since 2005. But that's the thing...if you bought all Destiny content on day-1...you'd be invested some what $120-130 bucks by now? That's the price of two games and you get the content of 1 game, considering how short and shallow the original game was before the DLC packs. And more games are instituting this model now. It does not bode well for jack sparrow, my friend!
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote