Music Banter - View Single Post - Games you're waiting for
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 06:06 PM   #199 (permalink)
prisoner437x3y0
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hip-Hop Homework View Post
yeah, and risk missing the entire window for multiplayer gameplay while the game is still relevant.
You think? I was playing cod:world at war within the past year without any issues.

Quote:
You do have a good point that games have cost $60 for the standard edition since 2005

My point is they have remained fairly fixed--50$ the previous decade or more before that.

Quote:
But that's the thing...if you bought all Destiny content on day-1...you'd be invested some what $120-130 bucks by now? That's the price of two games and you get the content of 1 game, considering how short and shallow the original game was before the DLC packs. And more games are instituting this model now. It does not bode well for jack sparrow, my friend!
I'm not entirely convinced game content in general is being diminished. It wasn't that long ago you didn't have online multiplayer, and were essentially paying that price for single player campaign.

I played Call of Duty 4 without needing a map pack...I think I had 30days logged into that? (2.something k/d ratio too).

Compare that to me playing timesplitters 2 or something. From wiki
Quote:
The average cost of producing a video game slowly rose from US$1–4 million in 2000 to over $5 million in 2006, then to over $20 million by 2010
and it's absolutely more than that in 2015 while staying relatively the same price. Admittedly larger market now however.
prisoner437x3y0 is offline   Reply With Quote