Music Banter - View Single Post - post malone
Thread: post malone
View Single Post
Old 12-19-2015, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Hip-Hop Homework
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner437x3y0 View Post

I'm all for appropriating black culture (whether it exists or not, my mom says otherwise)

but this seems kinda racist.

For those that don't know...i don't wanna hate but you can look up his past for yourself(he certainly wasn't drinking 40's on the corner)
there are lotsa perpetrators in music...a great deal of music artists invest a great deal of effort to cultivate an image that might not necessarily be in harmony with their true identity.

You seen this cat Stitches or whatever who got stuck tryin'a roll up on The Game?? Iunno how that came into my youtube feed but it did. That dude's even more of an affront to the culture appropriation than this guy. Iunno much about Stitches 'cause he doesn't really pique my interest as the type of character who's even worth investigating.

It happens in all genres...I just wanted some video about how the majority of rappers are broke 'cause they try to live off of royalties but that's not where the money is to be made and they blow their advancements some new threads, a couple chains, and a whip and bam...royalties get ate up right there. For most the money comes from tour shows.

I'm sure it's the same with other genres and labels/promotions. Why do people need a front tho? I get how if you need the gimmick--sure why not? But if you're just a talented artist--what's shameful about being you? Iunno why people feel the need to front...
Hip-Hop Homework is offline   Reply With Quote