Music Banter - View Single Post - Classic Rock Tally
View Single Post
Old 12-21-2015, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
William_the_Bloody
Music Addict

Default Classic Rock Tally

A tally list to discover Music Banter's greatest rock n roll band of all time!!!

This is how it works, you list your 10 favourite classic rock bands of all time in order from first to tenth and they are given points for their rankings.

Example:

1) The Police (10 points)
2) Fleetwood Mac (9 points)
3) Pink Floyd (8 points)
4) U2 (7 points)
5) Blondie (6 points)
6) Neil Young (5 points)
7) The Smiths (4 points)
8) Heart (3 points)
9) Rolling Stones (2 points)
10) Tom Petty (1 point)

Rules!!! A couple of rules in order to make this work.

1) No heavy metal or underground punk bands. I'll permit Black Sabbath & hard rock bands like AC/DC, Guns N Roses, KISS, as well as commercially successful band like the Sex Pistols and Nirvana but that's it.

No Metallica! If I start to open the door to bands like Slayer and the Dead Kennedys I can just see this list dissolving into heavy metal/punk land, especially in this forum

2) It has to be a well known commercially successful band from the 60's 70's 80's or 90's. I like the Violent Femmes and Fun Lovin Criminals but they would be considered alternative.

The Smiths, Pearl Jam, Chilies on the other hand were all successful big classic rock names. The best barometer would be to ask yourself does this band get classic rock radio play

3) You can count an artists solo or other band achievements into their work. For instance I considered the songs Neil Young sung with Crosby Stills & Nash and Buffalo Springfield, and Stevie Knicks early solo work into my equation.

If this fly's I'll tally the totals periodically after I have... say five responses., cheers
William_the_Bloody is offline   Reply With Quote