Music Banter - View Single Post - post malone
Thread: post malone
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Janszoon
Mate, Spawn & Die

Quote:
Originally Posted by prisoner437x3y0 View Post
I did make this thread for the purpose of gathering opinions about the video
Alright, I had a chance to watch it now. I thought it was kind of lame, not because it isn’t “real” enough but because it’s kind of a boring song. The video, likewise, was cheesy. I found his big, white high-tops amusing though. Made me think of Anthrax back in the day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Har! lol, yes that is very true,

but again (although some people will disagree) praising and worshipping a demonic entity is much like GTA; it is fantasy. The realm of the supernatural may very well exist, but as of yet there is no concrete scientific evidence to support it.

So yes, anyone can sing about Satanism if they want to, Christianity is a universal doctrine open to anyone lol.

If I grew up in Detroit on the other hand, and had friends that have put caps in people's head, well then that is a very real concrete environment. Your having to struggle in a tough environment to survive, and should have the street cred to rap about it.
Burning churches isn’t a fantasy though, that’s something some actual black metal musicians did, along with killing people. And there are people out there who think black metal musicians are poseurs if they don’t engage in that kind of behavior or at least subscribe to a Satanic or racist ideology. I think most of us agree that’s dumb, that you can make good black metal without being a criminal or having some ridiculous ideology. I’m just saying it should be the same with gangsta rap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by William_the_Bloody View Post
Ice Cube grew up in South Central though, he rapped about what he saw happening around him, and when he went solo, his lyrics weren't predominantly gangster, he actually repudiated much of what he saw happening around him.

This Post Malone dude, is most likely rapping about a world he has only seen through the eyes of MTV.
All I’m saying is Ice Cube went to the same high school as Lisa Kudrow and Justine Bateman. I don’t think his section of South Central was all that rough. It doesn’t make me like his music any less though.
Janszoon is offline   Reply With Quote