Music Banter - View Single Post - Trollheart's Listening List 2015/2016
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2015, 02:36 PM   #78 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Although this is expressly NOT a rec thread (Batty!) there may be occasions where the talk will be so animated around a certain album or albums that I may feel it or they are worthy of inclusion in the list, and in that case will probably not only add them but bump them up the running order too. Anyone is welcome to suggest an album, but bear in mind that a) I am not constrained to add it if I don't feel it's something I'd be into (so talk about Run The Jewels or To Pimp a Wotsit all you like, I'm not interested) and b) it should be something that, overall, has a decent chance of being liked by me.

I therefore don't want a flood of recs, but will take some on a case-by-case basis, and if the album(s) is/are not well known, to me, then I will need some sort of reason as to why I should include it/them.

With that in mind, two albums that have caught my attention, and will be pushed right to the top after the current batch are these:

Purple --- Baroness (Almost EVERYONE is talking about this, and IDM's contention that any music fan should hear it has prompted me to think, yeah, I'll try it. It also seems to be on a lot of AOTY lists, so it must be good. Maybe I'll hate it of course, but I'll review it either way.)

Nightmare Ending --- Eluvium (YorkeDaddy was so passionate about this I simply have to try it. Yes it's 2013 but who cares?)

So once the current three albums are done, these two will take the place of the ones on the list that were due next, then we'll revert (unless some other amazing album pops up) to the current running order.