Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 11:50 AM   #35522 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

After having a blast making a series of metal mix CDs for a guy at work for a Christmas present (who was far more thrilled than I expected) I've decided to do it again for my best friend. He's expressed interest in the concept of prog, loves Tool, and claims to like changes in songs, so I'm making him a prog rock mix. I was originally gonna do one or two CDs, but after 30 seconds of consideration I realized that in a genre made up of 15-30 minute songs this would be entirely insufficient. So I'm going to fill all five of the burnable CDs that came in the pack.

Already I have listened to far more prog than I had any desire to. Discovering The Mars Volta was cool, as was realizing that I don't hate Yes or Genesis as much as I'd previously thought, but my contempt for Pink Floyd only grows. What the **** is wrong with people who like "Shine on You Crazy Diamond"? That's pretty much the most boring song ever recorded. Rush kind of rules, though, and my buddy is gonna get plenty of Hawkwind.

My friend better at least pretend to be god damned grateful or I'm going to beat him to death.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote