Music Banter - View Single Post - Your Day
Thread: Your Day
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 12:13 PM   #35524 (permalink)
The Batlord
Zum Henker Defätist!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
I love Pink Floyd and cannot stand that ****ing song. Wish You Were Here on the whole is dull and phoned in save for the keyboard solo on Welcome to the Machine.
I can kind of understand why some people might like this or that Floyd song, but nothing ****ing happens for like the first 15 minutes of "Shine On" (never made it to the second part). It's like a short, melodic intro to a real song stretched out beyond all reason.

Only Pink Floyd songs on here are "Astronomy Domine", "Comfortably Numb", and "Echoes" -- which is the only long song I've been able to tolerate so far, and I'm trying to put some kind of emphasis on prog epics, and I figure you can't introduce someone to prog with only two, short Floyd songs.. so, on I suffer.

Quote:
Here's on of Yes's best tracks
I'll give it a shot, but I'm really not trying to bang my head against a wall listening to five million tracks by bands I don't particularly like and know nothing about. I'm not just gonna take internet recs sight unseen since I know my friend well enough to figure what he may or may not like, and I only have so much patience.
There is only one bright spot and that is the growing habit of disgruntled men of dynamiting factories and power-stations; I hope that, encouraged now as ‘patriotism’, may remain a habit! But it won’t do any good, if it is not universal.
The Batlord is offline   Reply With Quote