Music Banter - View Single Post - Only you can prevent forest fires...
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 08:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
TheBig3
killedmyraindog

Default Only you can prevent forest fires...

But only MB can prevent newb flamming.

I was going to write this last night, but I figured it would come out...wrong.

Theres somethings you have to learn over time, but heres some quick "cut to the chase" things you can do to not appear so green:

1. Your location: No one thinks its funny or interesting if you have something other than your actual location. Everyones first inclination is to put something mysterious or poetic. But you know what, we've seen it all. "Trapped in my own mind", "Hell", or "song reference that is non-specific". If you don't want to put where you live, then don't. I don't know what the point of that other crap is, but people either ignore it, or think its stupid.

2. If there was a misunderstanding, or you are trying to dig yourself out of a hole, don't end your responce thread with incindeary. People aren't ever going to get "burned" bad enough to stop fighitng back. More people will get fed up with you and go on the attack. You're new remember, you don't have friends yet.

3. On topic is always a good idea for your first month here, get established as someone credible and sane before you go off the deep end attacking people with non-sensical gibberish. Most times people here are referencing inside jokes or stuff like that. Everyone here is sarcastic. Don't take offence to something someone said to you, if you "get the joke" or at least pretend to and laugh at it, we'll like you more.

4. For god's sake be open minded. Or at least don't empire build with your closed mindedness. We all like most of the major bands. We're heard what we like, we're not going to be persuaded by someone who likes something alot and rams it down our throat on a constant basis. We are apparently rid of one of those, we'd like not to see anymore.

If you can think of anymore, please help the community in giving our newblets some insight. That idiot telling me that The Knack is the greatest band ever may one day contribute something intelligent to the conversation.