Music Banter - View Single Post - Review The Batlord's Recs
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 04:30 PM   #57 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batlord View Post
In no way is this album a cliche. It was the first glam metal album, and everything that came after was chasing its coattails, even if the poseurs didn't realize it. Too Fast for Love was the trend setter for glam, for better or worse. "Piece of Your Action" was the template for any like-minded band, while being more badass than 99% of anything those bands released. And there is no glam metal song like "Live Wire". Glam metal or not, that is pure speed metal.

There are people I would kill to have seen this band at this point in their career. Apparently Nicki Sixx was still setting himself on fire on stage at this point.
I never said the album was a cliche. I said using a motorcycle revving is, was and ever shall be a cliche, and it is. And was. They were not the first to do it.

Bolded: Here I think you've inadvertently proven my argument, which is that MC were more about live antics onstage than music. Their music was good, but if your'e going to base your image around hi-jinks on stage (hellloooooo Kiss!) then your music had better be up to it. This is, but I still don't see any real difference between them and, say, Hanoi, Riot (Quiet or not), RATT, Cinderella, Poison....