Music Banter - View Single Post - Review The Batlord's Recs
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 04:58 PM   #59 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

No, you seem to be taking one comment from me about cliches and trying to apply it to the whole album, and by extension the band. I'm just saying their music is good, but I don't see superstar written on it. And if you have to justify that by referring to the things they got up to onstage, then you're just reinforcing my opinion that they were somewhat copying Kiss and focussing on style over substance.

Which is fine. I have no problem with it. But just because I don't want to suck their dicks you've decided to paint me as a Crue-hater. I'm not. I enjoyed the album (did you read the review?) but I would rather listen to other bands from that era and I would not give much of a curse as to what they did onstage. Nothing here, musically, seems new. I like it all, but it all sounds similar to a lot of stuff from before, building on seventies hard rock and I suppose some punk (though I don't know) and making it more about an image than music really. Nothing wrong with that, but I just don't get the appeal, in the music. It's good, but it's nothing special, that I can see.

What was that No-Wave band again?