Music Banter - View Single Post - The Identity Matrix Hall of Fame
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2015, 08:32 PM   #49 (permalink)
Tristan_Geoff
midnite roles around

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Identity Matrix View Post
Loud yet not proud...

No Kill No Beep Beep by Q And Not U

Year: 2000
Genre: Post-Hardcore
Nationality: American

The Review: I would like to apologize for the late posting. I had to listen to this album nine times through before I felt comfortable writing this review. You see I found this record to be a little different and tough to digest. Maybe it was because of all the distractions in my life pulling me away from the album, but I was having trouble diving deep into this album. Anyway the album is interesting to say the least. It provides no obvious lyrical themes that coherently flow throughout the album. With lines like "Kill me with the favorite comb," I am not seeing much "sense" being poured into these songs. However, when has punk ever been about making sense, thus lyrically the albums doesn't really bring it down. What is special about this record is the instrumentation. That is where this album shines. In tracks like Fever Sleeves and Hooray for Humans I am really digging the guitar work. For the most part I can dig the vocal delivery like on Line in the Sand and We Heart Our Hive, but on tracks like Kiss Distinctly American I find myself being bored to death. That just should not be happening on this type of record. The latter half of the record is all solid without really standing out as much as I was hoping. I feel very indifferent to this record, in fact I do not really feel much at all with this record. With the exception of Kiss Distinctly American I am really enjoying the instrumentation, but the vocal delivery is so spotty on the second half of the record I just can bring myself to get through it. I was skipping tracks at one point just to get to the last track, Sleeping the Terror Code, because I sort of enjoyed it. I feel like this album is squandering quite a bit of opportunity because these guys are talented musicians and the vocals would probably have no problem being improved. I am not sure if I will tackle the other two records these guys put out before disbanding but if I do I will certainly review them on this thread.

No Kill No Beep Beep receives a 6.8/10

Standout Tracks: Fever Sleeves, Hooray for Humans, Sleeping the Terror Code

Weaker Tracks: Kiss Distinctly American, Little Sparkee, Y Plus White Girl

Just not feeling it Tristan. Sorry, maybe next rec will get me going.
I really didn't know how you'd feel about this record honestly. Guess it was a bust, sorry about that. I really only listen to a handful of tracks from it regularly. I get what you mean about the vocals, they can really drag at times.

Here's one I'm sure you'll like: Home, Like Noplace There Is by The Hotelier

Emo/Pop Punk Journal

Techno Journal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neward Thelman View Post
"SMOKE CRACK MUDA****KKA"

I'll check that dictionary, but in the meantime I'm impressed - as is everyone else in the world - by your eloquence, obvious accomplishments and success, and the evidence of your blazingly high intelligence.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frownland View Post
He just doesn't have a mind so closed that it rivals Blockbuster.
Quote:
Originally Posted by elphenor View Post
I own the mail
Tristan_Geoff is offline   Reply With Quote