Music Banter - View Single Post - Technic's Corner
View Single Post
Old 12-24-2015, 09:07 AM   #16 (permalink)
TechnicLePanther
and the livin' is easy...

The Patton Parade

Alright, everyone. Welcome back to the Patton Parade. However, for a little while here, we will be missing our leading man, though don't worry, we'll have him back just as soon as '88 rolls around. Anyways, let me introduce you to a little band called Faith No More, or as they were known in the early 80s, Sharp Young Men.

Originally composed of bassist Billy Gould, drummer Mike Bordin, and Mike "The Man" Morris, the band quickly adjusted to the inclusion of Wade Worthington on keys. However, rather ironically, Worthington quit soon after joining, and was replaced by Roddy Bottum. The band further adjusted their name to Faith No Man, and then released a first single, in a genre most 90s bands were formed from, post-punk.

Faith No Man - Quiet In Heaven / Song Of Liberty

So, like I said, this first single is some solid post-punk, the only of their singles to feature original vocalist Mike Morris. Definitely worth a listen if you enjoy the genre. However, fans of Faith No More will be expressively disappointed with this intro, especially those used to Patton's vocals. Intriguing, but not much more, the 7" is short and simple.

Shortly after the release of the single, everyone quit the fledgling band except for "The Man" himself. The ditchers soon after formed Faith No More, to signify that "The Man" was "no more" a part of the band. With Bottum on keys, Gould on bass, and Bordin on the drums, the band would begin their career as "Faith No More", on the track to tremendous success in the alt metal genre.

As Patton was not actually around for these early FNM albums, the Patton-O-Meter seems to have ditched us. Interesting. No doubt he'll be back for the ones he is featured in.

SUGGEST ME AN ALBUM - I'm probably not going to listen to it but I will if you bother me enough.

Last edited by TechnicLePanther; 12-25-2015 at 05:29 PM.
TechnicLePanther is offline   Reply With Quote