Music Banter - View Single Post - MB: An Empire in Turmoil --- The Next Generation
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 08:39 AM   #1 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Default MB: An Empire in Turmoil --- The Next Generation

When http://www.musicbanter.com/lounge/48...e-turmoil.html was finally cancelled after twenty-four successful seasons, fans were livid. The show, they said, had only just been about to reach its greatest heights, and many loose ends were yet to be tied up. But series creator someonecompletelyrandom (known forever more as SCR) scoffed at their letter, email and flaming-poop-on-doorstep campaign to save, or revive the show. Enough was enough, he said. What do they think this is? Star Trek? I've given thirty years of my life to this show, and I don't intend to die writing it! We had our fun, now let it rest in peace.

And so it was, for twenty years, until one day, an insignificant little MB troll who had been left to sweep up after a particularly unsuccessful thread found himself reasoning thus: Yes, the show was all but forgotten now, and the stars dead or in various institutions, with its writer rumoured to have bought his own private island, from where he issued an edict to declare that the land of Randomia was a new and independent state, and had deep and intimate knowledge of the government's contact with aliens, which he intended to reveal soon in a tell-all book, just before the island was "mistakenly" used as a drop site for a new type of bomb by the US Army. And yes, the storylines were convoluted and intricate, and would be unlikely ever to be sorted out, but what if... what if, there was a New Generation? Star Trek had done it, why not MB:AEIT? Bring in new stars to replace those who had all drifted away or died, new storylines, maybe even some of the older stars who were not dead could return to do guest slots?

And so, off he went to the networks with his idea. Every single one of them laughed at him. One chased him out of their offices with a broom. But he did not give up, and through the miracle of crowdfunding, eventually, MB: AN Empire in Turmoil --- The Next Generation was born!
(Super glitzy graphic from Plankton pending...)