Music Banter - View Single Post - MB: An Empire in Turmoil --- The Next Generation
View Single Post
Old 12-25-2015, 10:11 AM   #11 (permalink)
Trollheart
Born to be mild

Name: bob
Position: God
First Appearance: Now You See Me...
Last Appearance: Recurring character

bob is God. We all know it. And in season two's opener, Now You See Me... he made his first appearance when Urban dreams of destroying all noobs. Bob appears to him and tells him he is fated for much greater things, a position Urban resists until he is shown a vision of the future without him, in season four's This Was Your Life and realises that he has indeed a higher calling. As a result of this, he instigates the now famous Reconvening, where the original Council of Ten, or what remains of it, return to the show and with some new additions propel the arc through the next three seasons.

The frequent appearances of bob have led to many accusations that the show relies too much on religion, a question which Trollheart, who reimagined the series and is its Executive Producer and showrunner, responded to thus online: “Religion? Ah, who the **** cares about that? As long as it gets bums on seats, I'll bring the devil into it if I have to.”

Interestingly, The Batlord was cast in this role three weeks later, just as season five began...