Music Banter - View Single Post - help with guitar
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2006, 11:04 PM   #10 (permalink)
Wild7Dustr
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by judas_priest
I've only been playing guitar for a couple of months so I'm not very good. I want to learn a complete song in the classic rock/metal genre and am having trouble trying to learn solos, as they're so fast and never seem to sound right.

I'm looking for something relatively easy to play, and I would really appreciate people's opinions on what's the easiest and best song for a beginner to start with.
Well, I just put "Enter Sandman" and the funny thing was that everyone else voted for that too!!! Start slow with the solos and focus on mainly being a rhythm guitarist for now!!!If ya can't play basic riffs, then you won't be playing a good solo any time soon, ya know? Learn the scales and follow/practice all of the scales so that you can learn them by memory.Start basic, then find your own original sound, moving all over the fretboard later!!!Try to make it creative when you get better and then you can start runnin' all over the fretboard, ya know?

(Other) Songs that I think were/are simple include:

1."Iron Man"-Black Sabbath.
2."Crazy Train"-Ozzy Osbourne.
3."Back In Black"-AC/DC.
4."Sweet Home Alabama"-Lynyrd Skynyrd.
5."Come As You Are"-Nirvana.
6."Sunshine Of Your Love"-Cream.
7."Hells Bells"-AC/DC.
8."Smells Like Teen Spirit"-Nirvana.

That's a good place to start off at."Smells Like Teen Spirit" and "Enter Sandman" are pretty much the riffs that every experienced guitar player learns/plays early on.Have a great time jammin' and good luck!!!